Great friends and good food was all I had in mind for this past weekend. Usually we reserve Sunday’s for an epic brunch at a new spot in the city, however, this Sunday we decided to put our skills to the test and host one at home.
I always find it challenging to decide on a menu that incorporates a good amount of healthy eats with some of the classic breakfast staples.
Then I discovered That Clean Life. A subscription based meal planning site that has the most simple, healthy and easy meals to make. Complete with pre-made programs, do it yourself planning, community challenges (the next one is Eating for Happiness) it has really allowed me to feel more confident in the kitchen.
Below is the Blueberry Banana Loaf that was certainly the food hero of the day! Enjoy!
Miles of Smiles,
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Ground Flax Seed
- 1 TBSP Hemp Seeds
- 2 Banana (mashed)
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs (whisked)
- 4 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas until a creamy consistency forms. Add in the oil, eggs and maple syrup and mix.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Carefully fold in your blueberries with a spatula. Distribute the blueberries gently and evenly throughout the batter.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter.
- Bake in the over for 40-45 minutes. Stick a toothpick (or piece of spaghetti) into the middle of the load to determine if it has cooked through. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Once done, lift the parchment paper out of the pan and let cool before diving in!